Putting a Halt to Mice Damage to Lawns
Lawns contribute so much to a property’s overall appeal. It’s been reported that most property owners in the country spend an average of $5,000 a year for care and maintenance. It’s a hefty amount of money but they deem it necessary because they know they’ll get a good return on their investment should they decide to sell one day.
Lawn care and maintenance can be tricky, though, and one aspect of it that many struggle with is pest management. According to a Modesto pest control company, finding a solution to pest damage to lawns uses up a huge chunk of the maintenance expenses; of course, restoration adds to the cost as well.
In many areas of the US, mice damage to lawns is the biggest issue. Voles or field mice are responsible for vanishing bulbs, chomped-up woody plants, crippled roots, and nibbled stems. Voles are not freaky-looking pests, and this is one of the reasons why many just opt to leave them alone. But if you care greatly enough about the well-being of the growing things in your yard (particularly if you have a vegetable garden), it’s imperative to take immediate action at any indication that voles are compromising your property.
You can call in the pros to take care of the problem; this is the smartest thing to do, but you can do your own bit as well.
Reputable pest management professionals have the following tips for you:
• Clean your yard often. You want to make sure that there’s no space for a vole population to create their home in your property. A tidy yard is less inviting to the rodents.
• Install a mesh fence around your flower and vegetable garden and make sure you install it deeply to make it impossible for voles to penetrate your thriving path from underground.
• Wrap the lower part of your tree trunks with wire mesh.
• Raise your plant beds.
• Create an underground barrier using coarse soil, which voles hate.
• Avoid piling on the mulch because voles like to burrow in them.
• Get a cat and encourage other predators (foxes and owls) to visit your garden.
These strategies will just help control the activity of voles in your property, but if you want to completely eradicate these pests from your lawn, get in touch with your local Modesto pest control company. The company’s specialists have an extensive collection of methods and strategies to effectively tackle a vole problem. They’ll get rid of the voles frequenting your yard and make sure your property will be protected from future infestation.
Putting a Halt to Mice Damage to Lawns Professional Pest Control Services in Tracy CA